Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2015: My Year of Unfinished Business

Here I am again, you just never know when I'm going to pop up....or return.... I have begun a new year with new goals, admittedly ambitious goals, for every area of my life (which I love to do). Eating or not eating, exercising or not exercising, obsessing about my body and how disappointed I get in myself....all that stuff is not all there is to life or to me. I may be a post-menopausal fat woman, but that's not ALL I am. Not even close. Sometimes my focus becomes so narrow on one thing that I can't "see the forest for the trees". I'm not a very good multi-tasker, or even a very good stick-to-anything-er. But when I get started on that old broken record putting myself down for my shortcomings (and we all have those, right?), I am working on reminding myself of the things that I do well, and the things I have stuck with for a long time, like my 32-year marriage and my discipleship of Jesus, my devotion to the Father, my study of His Word.

Just how do I plan to accomplish these goals, you ask? Thanks, I'm glad you brought that up. I plan to do several things to keep myself focused on my goals and stay on track this year. I'm going to read my goals on a daily basis, I'm going to keep reading and applying the "decisions for success" from the book, The Travelers Gift, by Andy Andrews...which is a really good book by the way, one which I highly recommend if you're wanting something concrete to work on in your life (I am using Bible passages to back up the principles and read those daily also). I am reading my specific goals several times a week to remind me what I am working toward, and I am going to be here, talking to you about my goals and dreams and update how I'm doing on my quest to finish all this unfinished business in my life.....and there is LOTS of unfinished business in my life. I will elucidate further another day. For now, just know that I'm back, I'm starting to blog again, if you're interested, and I plan to be here consistently at least for 2015. Talk to me.


1 comment:

  1. I love you madre! I will be here for you each step of the way! As long as I know about the posts, I will read them!

    ReplyDelete