Monday, July 15, 2013

Retail Manners #1

Look your cashier in the eye, smile, and say hello. I know this seems like an obvious one, and that's assuming that your cashier is trying to make eye contact with you (I know, I know, there are a lot of unfriendly cashiers out there....but remember this is about you, you can't control another person's actions or attitudes, just yours. Good manners come from a genuine desire to be nice to people, no matter how they act toward you. You might totally make that cashier's day). I know as a cashier myself, I try to make eye contact, smile, and say hello to every single customer that comes through my line. I am also supposed to say, "Welcome to ---------" and "Did you find everything okay today?" and "Do you have any coupons to use today?" But you know, if I smile and say hello, I figure I can be forgiven if I forget the other stuff sometimes....

No comments:

Post a Comment