Monday, July 22, 2013

Retail Manners #4

Get off the phone. Please. Although most people stay off the phone while checking out, it is becoming more and more commonplace, especially with the under-forties. It's not just that it's incredibly rude to be talking on the phone when you're checking out with the cashier. The phone CAN wait five minutes, unless someone is dying, in which case, what are you doing still in line? Also, I am a human and I try hard to be efficient and perfect, but I do make mistakes. Stuff does ring up the wrong amount sometimes. I might miss a discount sticker or a coupon attached to a product. You need to be paying attention to what I'm doing. This is your stuff and your money we're dealing with. What if I short you on your change? Be in the moment with me, okay?

1 comment: