Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day One, July 1, 2014

Today went okay, as far as food goes. 

8 oz. of coffee with sf hot chocolate powder, 1 packet stevia, 1/4 c 
      half and half, 1/2 cup 1% milk
1 1/4 cups brown rice, with 1T honey and 1tsp. cinnamon 
1/2 an avocado
1 cup (+) fresh veggies - carrots, grape tomatoes, snap peas
3/4 sweet potato with honey and cinnamon
    (honey and cinnamon are supposed to be VERY healthy and lower
       cholesterol, which I need to do)
1 bunch of grapes
3/4 cup rice with 1/2 cup beans
rotisserie chicken - 1 leg/thigh combo
1 small smoked pork rib
1/2 cup watermelon
16 oz. of water (and I'm working on a second 16 now)

Well, I realize I will have to alter my coffee drink...no more half n half, and I will make it with rice milk, to make my latte. Water will be a problem. Because I ate mostly healthy yesterday and this morning (I guess), I had to go to the restroom at work SEVERAL times today, even though I only had my usual coffee and one bottle of water which was spaced throughout the day. I can only imagine that I'm shedding water weight that I have been holding on to. But having to pee every half hour while I work as a cashier just won't do. I will have to figure out how to make it work with my schedule....maybe drink most of my water in the afternoon between work and dinner. I'll figure it out. And maybe I won't have to go so much after I have shed a few water-weight pounds.....I'm feeling good about eating healthy again, although I could have eaten more helpings of veggies. Only a few brief cravings when I passed some sweet stuff at work! 

2 comments:

  1. I have heard once you get in the habit of drinking more water, your body acclimates to needing to pee less. I hope it is true because I have been peeing a lot at work, too.

    What was on the pork rib? Be careful of sauces because they can be sugary.

    I am so happy you are doing this with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rib was smoked, so it had spices but wasn't "saucy"...and it didn't taste sweet at all. It probably had a little sugar, but very little.

    ReplyDelete